Backlinks: is a link from a page on one website to another. It is also called “inbond like” or “incoming link”. Google views backlinks as votes of confidence.
IMPORTANTS OF BACKLINKS FOR SEO
1. It can improve ranking:
Google consider backlinks as votes of confidence and most important signal for ranking your contents. The number of backlinks from unique website attaches strongly with organic traffic. For instance.
Adobe, a well-known software company links to eyepedea from their website, it will boost the credibility and ranking of eyepedea blog.
2. Easy to find:
Google finds new content by revisiting high profile pages which they already know about to check for new links. It does not mean that google don’t revisit unpopular pages but they revisit popular pages more than unpopular ones and they may find your contents faster if you get backlinks from popular pages.
3. Backlinks send referral traffic to your page: referral traffic is traffic from those who visits your site through another website without searching for you on a search engine. When someone click on a link to your site, you get referral traffic.
TYPES OF BACKLINKS.
There are two major types of backlinks:
1. Follow Backlinks: They influence the linked Page’s ranking, that is why people like it just to because they know that anyone coming from high valued site holds the most value.
2. Nofollow Backlinks: They do not influence the linked page’s ranking because they tell search engine to ignore a link
HOW TO GET AND IMPROVE BACKLINKS.
There are ways to get backlinks
1. Generating Backlinks: is the process by which someone adds link to his site from other site. Eg: Leaving blog content on someone’s site, submitting to proposal directories, etc
2. Acquiring Backlinks: This is the process where someone finds your contents useful and meaningful through google or social medias and choose to link to your site and it is organic.
3. Creating Backlinks: This is the process of telling other site owners or site editors and ask them to link to your site.