Digital Branding is a brand management technique that uses a combination of internet and digital marketing to develop a product through online channel such as media, video, email etc. It is also a method of introducing your company to potential customers online. Effective digital branding helps your company develop a very great reputation which clients can trust and support and thereby increase your audience that leads to more sales.
Components of Digital Branding.
- Logo: A logo is an image which customers get to associate first about your company and brand. A logo design should be memorable enough to leave an impression also very simple and easy for your audience/ customers to remember anytime they think of your products. And it should match the personality and values of your company. Eg. Anytime someone think of Apple products, he will instantly view the image of an illuminated fruit (Apple). Logo should look good in all sizes on your brand material such as : business card, billboard, letterheads etc. And also know that digital platforms require specific size of image for your logo while designing because your logo is your first stop on your way to great digital brands.
- Website: A website is a central location where customers can access your content, purchase your product and review your service online. Once a logo is designed, you can use it to create a website. Simple menu in your website will help your customers to navigate your website quickly and easily and find what they are searching for. Your website should also have a crawlable link structure where a search engine and human can navigate to all the information presented on the website with ease.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Enable your products and services to be easily found on search engine which one of the primary means through which customers seek out your services. Use a keyword search tool like Semrush, Ubersuggest, Ahrefs etc to find frequently search word which you can use in your copy to ensure your schema is optimized for search engine. Ensure to include good number of active links through your content both to your internal pages and external ones so that your website will appear more robust in search results.
- Social Media: A social media allows you to post and share contents with your audience. Social media branding can help your products tell a story. Consistently posting you to build a narrative which potential customers can follow. Since different social media platform requires different media format, using each social media platform will amplify your brand in different ways. For example, if your company provides Nanny service, you can share a photo of kids being taken care of by ladies on an image focused social media platform. Connecting content through different social media platforms can help your customers you are active available and if they miss e post on one platform, they can continue learning about your brand on another.
Online advertising: Online advertising uses the power of the internet to market your products. There are many ways to advertise digitally today such as
1. Search Engine Ads: These ads bumps up your website to the top of the pages on a site like Google for customers to see your products first
2. Display Ads: These ads are clickable banners you will find on webpage across the internet.
3. Social Media Ads: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all offers a verity ways to sponsor content you can pay-to- play (your post will automatically appear to potential Customer’s feeds or hire an influencer to post about your products for you).
DIFFERENT BETWEEN DIGITAL BRANDING AND DIGITAL MARKETING.
- Digital branding focuses on providing values and inspiring loyalty and brand recognition while digital marketing is all about finding new customers and generating sales.
- In digital branding, companies ensure that their messages is consistency across all advertisment while digital marketing encourages their audience to make purchase with intreasting advertisement.
- In digital marketing, a marketer might use a relationship to guide a customer towards a purchase, while company that uses digital branding will develop relationship to increase brand awareness. In essence, both digital marketing and digital branding can help business build a relationship with it customers