Email marketing is the form of marketing that can make the customer on your email list aware of your new products, discount and other services. It will help you create relationship with your customer and keep them updated on your latest product. It is emerged as one of the most effective and efficient strategies to engage clients, build strong and lasting relationship and drive massive growth in business.
Email marketing is a strong marketing channel which could come as a direct marketing and also digital marketing that use email to promote your business brand .
Advantages of Email Marketing.
The usefulness of email marketing cannot be overemphasized because of its contribution in business growth and the relationship between marketers and their clients. The following are the advantages of email marketing:
1. Traffic Drive: it drives traffic to your blog, social media or any where else which you would like clients to visit. It can target users by demographics so you would only send clients the message they want to see most.
2. Build Relationship with your audience: Email marketing allows marketers to establish strong and lasting relationship with their audience/clients by collecting email address through various channels like website sign ups. Email marketers can consistently provide valuable contents, product updates and exclusive offers which helps in cultivating a sense of trust and loyalty to their subscribers.
3. Email marketing enables you to run a call to action to identify the best performing message by using email marketing software that can also be configured to easily send out emails.
4. Time efficiency and automation: By setting up automated campaigns, triggered by specific event or action, marketers can deliver timely and relevant emails based on users behaviour. Through leveraging automation, marketers can engage with their audience/clients even when they are not actively managing list, freeing up time to focus on other important aspect of their business. Therefore, email marketing automation is a game changer for marketers seeking to maximize efficiency and save time.
Types of Email Marketing.
There are different types of email marketing which includes:
- Welcome Email: This type of email welcomes customers/clients and encourages them to learn more about your brands which attract other potential clients.
- Lead Nurturing Email: This type of email target a specific audience through a series of email in the hope of convincing them. It’s goal is to push users from the consideration stage to the purchasing stage.
- Confirmation Email: This type of email is for those that have recently signed up for email or newsletters and have purchased an item for the first time. It ensures that the information has been received and are on the list to receive additional information. It also enables the users to know that their purchased item has been received or that their sign up was successful.
- Newsletter Email: This type of emails are often highlight new products and services which also includes articles, blogs and customer review. Usually, there will be a call to action to move the reader to do something either reading a new blog post or check out a new brand.
- Invite Email: This type of emails announce upcoming events, new products lunch, seminar etc. This email is used when there is something special going on to gain attention of audience and increase awareness about special event.
- Survey Email (Customer’s feedback): This type of email send out emails to communicate to your clients that you value their opinion and want to create a better brand from their reply.
- Seasonal Marketing Email: Many companies make use of this email especially on holiday season like Christmas, Valentine’s day, Easter celebration etc to reach out to their customers/clients with a wonderful information on upcoming sales and promotion and also for seasonal greetings.
Essential Elements of Email Marketing Campaign.
- An Email List: An email list is a database of subscribers that have agreed to let you send them email. To build successful email campaign, you will need an active engage email list. The easiest way to build an email list is to create an offer (lead magnet) your potential audience are intreasted in.
- An Email Service Provider: It is also known as email marketing platform is a software that helps manage your email list and also help design and execute automated email campaign. Email Service Provider allows you to create automatic trigger when your audience complete particular action and also enables you to personalize interaction which improves engagement and trust wise.
Email Marketing Tools.
– Email Service Provider (ESP): Is the one of the best email tools one needs. Example
- Constant Contact: This is best for e-commerce email marketing.
- Sendinblue: This is best for small business running email campaign.
– Email Deliverability: This is the ability of an ESP to replace email in your receiver’s inboxes successfully. Example
- MailGenius: MailGenius inspect your email for possible spam trigger. It can be used to run deliverability test to ensure your email reach their intended recipients boxes. It is also a free tool.
- GlockApps: Shows your delivery results in real time including whether your email landed in the inbox, Spam folder, Gmail’s promotional or social tabs or if it is not delivered at all.
– Email Testing or Tracking Tool: It helps you create optimized iterations of your campaign. Example
- Litmus: It can be used to test and track your emails in traditional web client and mobile devices.
– Email Personalization Tool: It helps to personalize articles in your email. Example
- Hypertise: When it comes to personalizing email marketing campaign, hypertise is the best which helps you to add dynamic, personalize images to each of your email including profile image from social media.