Pay-Per Click advertising is an internet advertising model which is used to drive traffic to websites wherein advertiser pays publisher each time a user click on any of their ads. It is regarded as a very cost effective form of marketing that generally yields a good result on investment.
HOW PAY-PER CLICK WORKS.
Pay-Per Click advertising works by allowing advertisers to bid on particular keywords or phrases that they want their ads to appear in a search engine. When a user search for any of those keywords, the advertisers ads will appear among the top results which enable the advertisers to charge a fee each time a user click on their ads.
Advertisers create lists that target particular demographic, location and intreaste of the users which they will use to set a maximum bid for their targeted keywords.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PPC MARKETING PLATFORM.
– Google Ads.
– Microsoft Ads.
– Facebook Ads.
– Instagram Ads.
– YouTube Ads. Etc
ADVANTAGES OF PAY-PER CLICK ADVERTISING.
PPC is regarded as very cost effective of advertising and it is one of the few ads channels which one can build for advertising model.
The following are the advantages of Pay-Per Click advertising:
• Trackable and Measurable: Google Ads and Google analytics can track and measure the result of PPC ads. These tools provide an overview of real-time clicks, impressions, and conversions.
• By testing and experimenting with various targeting options such as demographics, browsing history etc, PPC advertisers can maximize impressions and reach specific audiences.
• Advertisers can allocate a budget for PPC campaigns and quickly scale up their ads spend depending on their results.
• PPC can be used to drive immediate traffic to a website while SEO effort are still ongoing.
Generally, PPC advertising offers a cost effective and measurable way to reach a targeted audience and increase brand awareness.
TYPE OF PAY-PER CLICK Ads.
– Search Pay-Per Click ads: are the most popular type of PPC ads which appears at the top of search engine results pages when a users enters a particular query (keywords) in a search engine. They are typically text based ads and are designed to be highly relevant to the users. They are most popular way for businesses to promote their products or services and drive traffic to their websites.
– Video Pay-Per Click ads: Uses video content to promote your brand which appears on various social media like Facebook (reels), Streaming service such as YouTube and website. Video ads can be skippable or non-skippable and also it could be pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll ads. Video ads are usually purchased on a cost per-view (CPV) or cost per click (CPC) basis where the advertiser pays any time the ads is viewed or clicked.
– Display Pay-Per Click ads: is a type of ad that appears on website app and other digital platforms in form of a banner or other graphical format. It is designed to be visually appealing and can include of media such as images and videos. Display ads are purchased on a cost per impression (CPI) or cost per thousand impressions (CPM) basis, where the advertiser pays each time the ads is displayed a certain number of time.
HOW MUCH DOES PPC COST?
Estimate vary, but Hubspot estimates the average CPC as $1 to $7. The of PPC advertising depends on several factors such as ad network, your audience and competitiveness of your keywords.