SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING:
is the use of social media platform to promote products and services. Social media marketing has transformed business a whole lots. It has been able to influence clients behavior which promote content that drives engagement to extracting personal data that makes messages lively with users. Because of ubiquitous of social media, platforms for marketing techniques are very important for business. Social medias marketing provides company with a way to engage with existing customers and also reach to new ones.
FUNDAMENTAL PLAN FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING.
1. Choose the social media site to use: you should choose the social network that best fit your marketing strategy and the goal you want to achieve on social media. It is not necessary important to be in all social network, just choose the the important ones that matter to you and your audience.
Factors to consider while choosing social network for marketing.
• Audience: which of those social networks do your clients or customers mostly like to dwell on. The rightful demographics social network.
• Time: how much time you can devote to a social network.
2. Completely fill up your profiles: always ensure that your profiles like photos, bio and profile info are up to the date and complete, it shows professionalism and signals to your visitors that you are seriously engaging them in your marketing social platform.
3. Find your marketing voice: do not just come into your social network and start sharing, you can scour any impurity in your social media to make it look more focused if you come up with a very good voice for your content and to do so, you have to spend sometime developing good marketing social role (personas) and great point of your mission statement and customer base.
For one to be able to find good marketing voice, you will need to ask yourself these following questions.
• What is the relationship of your brands to clients.
• Are there companies that have similar brands to yours? Why are they similar?
• How do you want your clients/customer to think about your brand .
• How do you distinguish your brand to be best from other similar brands.
At the end of this exercise, you will come up with good ideas to find your marketing voice.
There are some common terms one needs to know when developing social media marketing strategy.
1. Content: is anything you post on social media. It could be Facebook status update, videos on Instagram, a tweet etc. Content comes in many different forms and you need to tailor it to each social network. It could come inform of image, video and text .
2. Context: is the surrounding, circumstances, background or settings that determine or specify the meaning of an event. For instance, you might have a great joke but if you place it somewhere inside a 3000 to 4000 words blog post, very few people are likely to see it.
3. Hashtags: hashtags are a very common tool people use to add meta information on almost all social media channels like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. It makes your content easy for users to discover and therefore more likely they will share it.
4. Share: is the currency of social media world. When people engage and interact with your contents that are so admirable to them, there is every possibility that they will share it for more people to get to know about it. It is a best form of engagement that people can have in your content on social media.
THREE MAIN TYPES OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING.
Apart from Facebook Instagram and twitter, there are three main types of social media marketing.
1. Social media management/community management.
2. Content marketing/content creating.
3. Influencer marketing.
• Community management: Social media is incredibly diverse marketing tactic that allows you to engage in ways we have not seen before.
71% of people who interact with a brand on social media and have good experiences there, are likely to recommend same brand to their friends.
If you provide a timely service and you don’t have the time to dedicate, then make a plan to implement social media customer service in the future once you are better supported.
How to provide best community engagement and management.
– Fast response, because most of your clients or customers expect fast response to their questions.
– Be genuine, because genuine response that are thoughtful are key to build community engagement.
– Follow them through.
• Content marketing/creating: is the power center when it comes to providing value and driving traffic to your site, and social media is the preferred platform for content marketers to share their articles, almost 87% of content marketers share their content on social media platforms after publishing it.
Use of videos and images is a great strategy to implement better content creation for your social media marketing strategy because most people prefer short video and images to learn about a product or service.
• Influencer marketing: Instagram is best tool for influencer marketing. Influencers enjoy spoting their content more on Instagram than on Facebook and other social platforms, probably because the platform is so visual.
Strong holds of social media marketing.
• Strategy: determine goal, the platforms to focus on and types of content to share
• Planning: creating a consistent presence on social media by publishing contents.
• Engagement: monitoring conversation about your brand and engaging in conversation.
• Analysis: checking how social media post are performing through analytics and reporting tools.
• Advertising: running social media ads to reach wider audience of potential clients.